Issues to consider before purchasing a safe in Oklahoma:
1. What is my purpose for needing a safe: mainly for guns and securing them from children or a variety of valuables that need fire and burglary protection?
2. What is the thickness of the door’s steel plating and reinforcement? This is important to prevent the safe door from buckling or bending when an attack occurs.
3. Does the safe door have external features like combination locks that provide easy access to burglars?
4. Do you need the safe to be fireproof? If so, what is the thickness of fire-resistant material? What temperature and length of time is the material rated for?
5. What kind of door seal is used?
6. Can the safe be bolted to the floor?
7. Should additional features like a light or dehumidifier be added to the safe?